Microsoft: Diversity Conference Scholarship
Deadline: May 5, 2017
Apply here (The application is halfway down the page, after the Tuition scholarship): https://careers.microsoft.com/
What does the scholarship provide?
- Paid registration to GHC (or another Diversity-related conference)
- Stipend to cover travel, hotel, and meals (up to $1200 – this should cover everything you need)
How do I apply?
- Click on the link to “Submit your application for the Diversity Conference scholarship”
- You’ll need to create a Microsoft Yello account if you don’t have one, and then confirm it in your e-mail; then go back to the application link
What does the application ask for?
- Basic information (name, university, graduation date, major, etc)
- Gender and race (there is an option to “Choose not to disclose”)
- Which conference you want to attend, meaning GHC (Note: Microsoft sponsors a couple conferences, including SHPE, NSBE, etc., and the scholarship winner can choose which conference they want to attend here in the application.)
- 3 Essay Questions
- How would you benefit from attending a diversity tech conference?
- List any student groups on campus you are in
- Share your efforts supporting diversity in STEM
- Whether you are a former/returning Microsoft intern
Who can apply?
- Students enrolled full time (at the time of submitting the application)
- In a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program at a 4-year university (in U.S., Mexico, Canada)
- Pursuing Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related STEM field
If you have questions:
- E-mail email@example.com